Where I am now
Living in Rotterdam, working from home and making occasional trips to London and Berlin.
You can contact me by sending e-mail to hh5○cocktail.demon.nl
Where I’ve been (the short version)
I was a serial expat, because it’s easier to fit in when you're supposed not to, but I started living and working in country number six in 2000 and didn’t leave.
In the photo (right), I am fourth from left. This was taken in Libeek, the Netherlands, in August 1999. From the left to right, the people in the photo are: Marc Smits, Szilvia Biro, Russell, Peter Hilton, Alex Zeffertt, Carl Dolby, Marion Smits, Fleur Van Rootselaar and Jean-Didier Garaud.
- Singing (baritone) with Cappella Gabrieli and Het Retorisch Kwartet, a Rotterdam chamber choir and quartet, respectively.
- Working (as software developer) for Lunatech Research in Rotterdam, the Netherlands (2004-2014).
- Working for Logica, which later became LogicaCMG, in Rotterdam (2000-2004).
- Eight months working at SmithKline Beecham in Surrey (1999).
- Three and a half weeks working at the ODCCP in Vienna (1999).
- Seven months working at SES-Astra in Luxembourg (1998-1999).
- One year working at CSC Computer Sciences Ltd in Cambridge (1997-1998).
- Seven months working at EUTELSAT in Paris (1996-1997).
- Three years studying pure mathematics at the University Of Bristol (1992-1994, 1995-1996).
- Ten months as an Erasmus student at l’Université de Bordeaux I and studying French stuff at the Maison du DEFLE (1994-1995).
- Lots of Monday nights working at Avon Phototypesetting Ltd (1994).
- Four or five terms working on Epigram, the University of Bristol Independent Students’ Newspaper, back in the days before newspapers had web sites (1993-1995).
- A long summer holiday working as a deck-hand on board the Aran Flyer, helping tourists in Ireland across Galway Bay to the Aran Islands.
- My first year of university living in Churchill Hall, University of Bristol (1992).
- Six years going to school at Boundstone Community College (1986-1992).
- Four years at Thornberry Middle School and a few years at what was then South Lancing Primary School (1979-1986).
- Moved from Kent to South Lancing, West Sussex, UK (1977).